A Local School Governance Team in each school is the method the school system will use to get the community, parents, and teachers involved in decision making to maximize educational opportunities for children. Each Local School Governance Team (LSGT) will seek to provide the best possible learning environment for the children in their community.
Garden Lakes Elementary Local School Governance Team MembersMary Alcorn- PrincipalMelissa Shell-Staff RepresentativeTeresa Payne- Staff RepresentativeLynn Rayburn- Parent RepresentativeJulie Reece- Parent RepresentativeBrad Dillard- Community RepresentativeJason Willis- Community Representative
What is a Local School Governance Team member required to do?
- Work to improve student achievement and performance
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Act as a link between the LSGT and the community
- Maintain a school-wide perspective in issues
- Regularly participate in LSGT meetings
- Participate in informational and training programs