Positive Behavior Intervention
What is PBIS?
· PBIS is an approach for assisting school personnel to implement behavioral interventions in order to enhance academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
· PBIS ensures success for ALL students.
How does Alto Park implement PBIS?
· Teachers reward students when they see them SOAR in specific areas of the building.
· Students can receive “Eagle Feathers” in the cafeteria, hallway, activities areas, restrooms, and classroom.
· Students can turn in their “Eagle Feathers” to their homeroom teacher.
· Students earn school-wide incentives when they reach a certain number of "Feathers".
PBIS encourages our students to conduct themselves in a way that produces good character, model behavior, responsible and respectful students.