Welcome Back! We hope that you and your children had an exciting summer and are ready to start back to school. Teachers have been working hard in their classrooms to get everything ready for school to begin. Below are a few reminders to help McHenry be a safe and happy learning environment for our students and teachers.
Important Times to Remember:
7:10 - buses drop off and doors will open for car riders
7:55 - students will be allowed to go to their classrooms
8:00 - instruction begins
8:10 - tardy bell (after 8:10 you will need a tardy slip from the office)
2:50 - afternoon buses will be dismissed
3:00 - car riders will be dismissed
3:10 - walkers will be dismissed when called, parents sign them out in the office
3:30 - ALL remaining car riders will be sent to After School Care (ASC) - $7.00 a day
6:00 - After School Care ends
- Doors will open at 7:10 a.m. for all students.
- Car Riders will be dropped off in the front of the school at the breezeway until 8:10 a.m.
- Car Riders arriving after the tardy bell at 8:10 a.m. will need to get a tardy slip from the office before they can go to their classroom.
- Bus Riders will unload at the breezeway and enter through the doors near the lunchroom.
- Students wishing to eat breakfast need to go to the lunchroom when they arrive.
- Students that do not wish to eat breakfast need to go to the media center.
- Car Riders will wait in the lunchroom until their names are called, then they will exit through the side doors next to the lunchroom and walk to the breezeway. A teacher will escort them to their car.
- Bus Riders will be escorted by a teacher to the breezeway to board the bus.
In order to insure that our teachers have time to prepare for the day, we are asking parents not to hang around in the halls or classrooms in the mornings from 7:15 - 7:55. If you wish to come in with your child in the mornings, please escort them to the media center. You may also eat breakfast with your child in the lunchroom.
Please remember that our instructional day begins at 8:00 a.m. Teachers would love to talk to you in the morning; however they need to start their day. If you want to be here, we would love for you to volunteer to help. Please contact your child’s teacher by note or email. You may also call the office (706-236-1833) and leave a message for your child’s teacher. Thank you for all that you do to help make McHenry a great school. We look forward to having a wonderful school year.