The purpose of Armuchee Primary is to build a foundation for a community of life-long learners in a caring environment defined by mutual respect through developmentally appropriate experiences.
Armuchee Primary believes in the following statements:
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
- Students learn in different ways.
- The program of study should meet the needs of individual children with a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Students learn best when they are actively involved in the learning process.
- All students deserve to be treated with respect and a sense of fairness.
- High expectations should be set for all students.
- An appreciation for the cultural arts is an important part of our students’ education.
- A pre-kindergarten experience is a vital asset in the beginning of a child’s educational development.
- A safe, clean, and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Teachers, parents, administrators, and the community share the responsibility for a child’s success in school.
- In an ever-changing world, the school’s faculty must be life-long learners and participate in job-embedded professional learning.
- Armuchee Primary’s relationship with area colleges and universities supports our desire to be knowledgeable about the best educational practices.
The purpose and beliefs of Armuchee Primary School support the vision that as students leave Armuchee Primary, they will possess foundational skills that will support further learning as they move forward into the elementary, middle, and high school, and ultimately reach the goal of graduation. However, the vision does not solely focus on graduation, but to become life-long learners and productive members of society.