SUMMER WEEKS 2017 SCHEDULE:
May 31 - June 3 (Classroom only)
8:00 – 3:30 Wed-Sat
June 5-8 (Classroom and Driving - Driving for the students who took the 1st week of classroom.)
8:00 – 3:30 Mon-Thurs
Pepperell High- Classroom / County Office -
8:00 – 3:30 Mon-Thurs
Students must be at least 15 years old and hold a valid learner’s permit to be eligible to enroll in the class. The fee for the class is $200.00.
The Driver Education Program consists of thirty hours of classroom instruction, four hours of range and two hours of road driving. Range driving begins June 5 and concludes by June 23, 2017, and will be held in the parking area across from the Floyd County Board of Education. Students will be given specific instructions about their range and road driving on the first day of class. The range driving and road driving will, if possible, be scheduled for the week FOLLOWING their classroom instruction. Road driving in town will also conclude June 23, 2017, and will also be scheduled with the student's classroom instructor.
Please note: Students who miss their scheduled time slot for their range or road driving will be charged an additional $30.00 per hour missed. Lunch and breakfast will not be provided. Please bring your own lunch to class.
REGISTRATION: Summer Registration begins March 1, 2017. Floyd County students will register through their school. Rome High and Darlington students will register through their school. All other outside counties will register through the Floyd County Central Office, Lacie Hardigree, 706 234-1031, Ext. 7149.
Upon successful completion of the requirements, each student who has completed the eighth grade may receive one-half Carnegie unit of credit if it is their choice to receive a numerical grade between 70-100 for this course. Otherwise, the student may choose to receive a pass/fail grade that will not affect their GPA.
1) FEE: $200.00
2) Students must be at least 15 years old and hold a valid learner’s permit to be eligible to enroll in the class.
3) Student must bring pencils, pens, and loose leaf paper to class.
4) Notebooks will be provided.
5) Cancellations after registering will be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee.
6) ALL refunds will be mailed once all of the Driver Ed classes have been held. Refunds must be requested by June 15th.
7) Students missing their range or road driving ‘hour slot’ will be charged an additional $30.00 fee PER HOUR MISSED.
8) Checks should be made payable to the student’s school, unless the student is from an outside county (Polk, Bartow, etc. – they should be made payable to Floyd County Board of Education or FCBOE.
9) Breakfast and Lunch will NOT be provided. Students must bring their lunch from home during the classroom instruction.
Turn paperwork in to the student’s school, unless outside of Floyd County;those applicants will turn paperwork in to the county office to:
ATTN: Lacie Hardigree
Drivers Education Program
Floyd County Schools
600 Riverside Parkway
Rome, Georgia 30161
(706) 234-1031 ext.7149