Intra-district Transfer Process in place
Intra-district Transfer Process in place for the 2009/2010 school year
Posted on 07/01/2009
Under new state law, House Bill 251, a parent or guardian of a student currently enrolled in Floyd County Schools may request to transfer a child to another school in the school system for the upcoming 2009 -2010 school year. 

A parent or guardian can request to have a child transferred to another school within Floyd County Schools as long as the school system has determined that there is available classroom space at the school after all assigned students have been enrolled. Please keep in mind that if you choose to transfer your child to another school in the district, the law requires the parent or guardian to assume all costs and responsibilities related to the transportation of the child to and from school as long as the child remains at that school. Also, a student may not apply to attend a school that does not have courses necessary for that student’s graduation, or a school that does not have a program with the services in the student’s existing individualized education program. Further, students who are involved in extracurricular activities/sports should carefully consider their eligibility pursuant to the rules of the individual programs and the Georgia High School Association (GHSA), found at , prior to applying for a transfer. Such transfers may negatively impact a student’s ability to participate.

As of June 24, 2009, projected enrollment figures indicated that all Floyd County Schools have limited space available for transfers. It should be noted that available classroom space does not exist at all grade levels at each school and could change as enrollment for students within the district progresses. Floyd County Schools has developed a written intra-district student transfer process to provide clear guidelines and streamlined procedures to manage such transfers. Transfer application forms are available for download on this Web site or can be picked-up at the Central Office of Floyd County Schools on Riverside Parkway. Transfer applications for the 2009/2010 school year must be submitted to Floyd County Schools at the Central Office building on Riverside Parkway by 4:00 p.m. July 17, 2009. 

Attendance, behavior and academic performance will be reviewed by the School District in its approval and denial of transfer requests. Once available classroom space at a school has been filled, no more transfers will be approved for that school. 

If you have questions regarding this, please contact Dr. Charlotte Roberts, Assistant Superintendent, at or call 706-234-1031.

Transfer Request Form
Transfer Process