Midway Primary

Midway Primary was formed in 1952 when Spring Creek and Harmony Schools were consolidated. The school was located on the Rockmart Road “midway” between the two southeastern Floyd County communities.

In 1958 the school was almost completely destroyed by fire. Midway was immediately rebuilt on the existing foundation. All classroom doors opened to the exterior in the newly built school.

During an extensive renovation in 1997, corridors were constructed around the exterior openings, and a new media center and administrative office were added. 

The school was closed at the end of the school year in 2015 in anticipation of the Rome bypass being constructed in the community.  The bypass was planned to intersect with upgrades to the existing Rockmart Rd. (Highway 101) that was also being upgraded to a four-lane road.  The construction would take much of the property of the school.  

Students from Midway merged with those attending Pepperell Primary in Lindale for the beginning of the 2015-16 school year. 

Midway Primary