Foster's Mill

Foster Mill was a school located in the Coosa District, and was also referred to as the Foster Bend School and Foster's Academy. The superintendent was ordered by the Board of Education to open a school at the location of Wyatt Foster's place, in 1917. In 1921, a new school was built to replace the old structure. The Board furnished $300 of the project. In August of 1927, some students from McGhee and Morton's Bend School were transferred to Foster's Mill School. The remainder of the McGhee and Morton’s Bend students, about half of the children, were sent to Cave Spring. In 1936, the students from Foster's Bend were transported to the Coosa School. 

Foster Mill School