Alto Park Elementary

The current Alto Park facility was first opened in 1954 with three new buildings. This facility cost approximately $250,000 to construct at the time. A year later, Floyd County financed the building of a gymnatorium while the Federal government financed the building of four extra classrooms.

In the 1986-1987 school year, students from grades 6, 7, and 8 were transferred to Coosa Middle School. During this time the Coosa area attendance zones were recompiled due to Krannert Elementary, a local area elementary school, closed in 1987. This impacted the student population of Alto Park and added more diversity to the school. 

Alto Park underwent a complete renovation beginning in 2002 thru 2005 and is now a more modern facility.

Alto Park Elementary