Armuchee Middle School

The name "Armuchee" comes from a variation of the name "Am-ma-choo", who was an old Indian Warrior protected by a land grant in an 1817 treaty for service rendered to Andrew Jackson in the Battle of Horseshoe Bend.

Armuchee Middle school was once housed in a wing of Armuchee High School. In 1990, the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade faculty members and administration began to follow a middle school curriculum. In 1995 Armuchee Middle School was fully accredited by the regional accrediting association. 

Armuchee Middle was able to build its own school after a Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax was passed in 1999. Construction of the new facility was completed in early 2002. Students moved in at the beginning of the 2002-2003 school year. The new school building follows the same design blueprint as Coosa Middle School and Model Middle School.

Armuchee Middle School